What is Eccentric Training?During eccentric training the muscle elongates while trying to resist or slow down an opposing force. This muscle action, which is the converse of concentric contractions (muscle shortening), is used during everyday activities such as lowering a weight, walking down a hill or performing a squat. Rather than working to pull a joint in the direction of the muscle contraction, the muscle acts to decelerate the joint at the end of a movement or otherwise control the repositioning of a load.
Why Eccentric TrainingStudies have shown that Strength training involving both eccentric and concentric contractions is about 30% more efficient as compared to training which involves only concentric contractions.
What is the Grucox Eccentric Trainer
In essence, the Grucox Eccentric Trainer is an interactive leg training machine, which allows the user to combine eccentric and concentric exercises, while keeping track of performance data. This allows the user to optimize his/her training routine in order to achieve maximum strength and endurance gains in the shortest period of time. The Grucox utilizes Reactive Muscle Conditioning Technology, a dual direction modal exercise technology which allows the user to combine concentric and eccentric muscle exercises during a single training routine. This invariably results in a greater improvement in strength, mobility and proprioception – as compared to traditional concentric exercises. The Grucox employs a state of the art Servo-Drive system, which allows the software to accurately regulate the speed and torque, providing the user with a unique and seamless experience.
Applications of the Grucox Eccentric Trainer
- High Performance Training
- Injury Prevention Training
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) Training
- Muscle Function Testing
- Endurance Testing (VO2 Max and Functional Threshold Power)
- Cardiac Training
- Treatment of conditions such as Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome, Patella-Tendonopathy (Runners knee), Achilles Tendinopathy, Lower limb dysfunctions and weakness, Knee and Ankle ligament sprains
- Low joint impact - ideal for older patients
- Targets Fast Twitch (white) muscle fibers
- Increases the body’s ability to synthesise collagen
- Easy and fast user setup
- Monitor performance of each leg individually
- Enables targeted training sessions